Deadline: 2 June 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Manager in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Manager will perform the following functions:
- Ensure evidence-based and strategic programming is developed for the Decent Work and Labour Mobility programme
- Keep abreast of global trends on labour rights, labour migration, skills development, forced labour and human trafficking. Maintain a detailed knowledge of in-country developments on these issues and analyse, synthesize and communicate them to inform programming.
- Lead the effective and efficient implementation of the Decent Work and Labour Mobility programme
- Supervise the technical and financial management of the Decent Work and Labour Mobility projects, adhering to LIFT’s operational guidelines and principles.
- Support LIFT implementing partners by providing technical guidance and advice for project adjustments to reflect new knowledge, lessons learned and good practices.
- Enhance the visibility and reputation of the Decent Work and Labour Mobility programme
- Establish strong networks and relationships with a wide range of relevant local stakeholders and development partners, including government, EAOs, private sector, civil society, academia, media, UN agencies, INGOs and other actors.
- Effectively manage relations with the LIFT Fund Board and respond to their requests in relation to information, advice, visits and other needs and requirements.
- Contribute to improvements in the knowledge base on Decent Work and Labour Mobility in Myanmar
- Document and share lessons learned and good practices identified during the implementation of the Decent Work and Labour Mobility programme.
- Organize communities of practice, trainings, consultations and other learning events for LIFT partners and key stakeholders.
- Provide supportive and empowering supervision to the Decent Work and Labour mobility team
- Create a positive work environment for the Decent Work and Labour Mobility team, based upon trust, empathy and mutual respect.
- Provide guidance and support to Programme Officers and Programme Assistants, including providing coaching and offering constructive feedback.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in international development, industrial relations, economics, business management, public policy, sociology or a related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields with an additional 2 year’s relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of project development, management and monitoring and evaluation with a development organization is required.
- Extensive technical expertise related to labour rights, labour migration, skills development, vocational skills training, forced labour or human trafficking is required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and write analytical and summative reports is required.
- Experience with managing programming related to gender equality and women’s empowerment is a strong asset.
- Experience coordinating multi-stakeholder processes and managing donor relations is a strong asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Myanmar languages is required and other local Myanmar languages is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.