Deadline: 6 Oxctober 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Budget & Programme Associate in Windhoek, Namibia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Budget & Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Review budget plans, monitor and analyse financial performance of activities defined in the Country Strategic Plan and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
- Provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process
- Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent, mitigate the effects of pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness of programs.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, budget management and monitoring of resource utilization.
- Enter budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision- making.
- Review, compile, analyse data, maintain accurate records or files on Goods and Services Procurement for the country office.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in functional area.
- 5 year’s progressively responsible work experience in Project Management, Finance and Procurement or related field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.