Deadline: 14 June 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Operations Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Associate Operations Officer will support analytical and advisory services (ASA) and policy dialogue in the financial sector area.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Serve as operations officer for Finance & Markets in Nepal and Bhutan.
- Lead and/or support the TTLs in the project management and implementation of the financing and advisory program in Nepal and Bhutan, including developing excellent client relations, designing projects for meaningful development impact, ensuring IFC and F&M procedures are respected, reporting to the donor(s) and monitoring implementation progress, managing consultants and coordinating within the team, providing background research, and contributing to reports and knowledge work.
- Play a catalytic role in developing the pipeline for F&M financing and ASA activities, either as support or as task team leader on specific projects in Nepal and Bhutan and the region.
- Assist in (or when task team leader, be responsible for) the identification, negotiation and preparation of new technical assistance and financing projects and procuring consulting services for F&M clients.
- Assist the F&M team in raising external funding at the global and local level.
- Participate in the financial sector dialogue at both policy and technical level and support the development of new engagements.
- Contribute to regional F&M strategy in South Asia to maximize joint IFC-WB’s development impact.
- Liaise between the F&M team and clients/partners on specific financing or advisory activities.
- Contribute to strategy development and the work plan for the F&M team.
- Participate in / lead other initiatives as opportunities arise.
Applicants must have-
- Master degree or equivalent in economics, finance, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience since completing graduate degree in the financial sector (banking, SME finance, microfinance, agri-finance or other areas of development finance in South Asia).
- Experience and knowledge of the Nepalese and Bhutanese financial sector and economic context.
- Proven leadership abilities with project management experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office software.
- Fluency in English is essential to enable the staff member to produce concise written and oral reports.
- Fluency in national languages of Nepal and Bhutan a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.