Deadline: 7 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief, Communication for Development in Kathmandu, Nepal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief, Communication for Development will perform the following functions:
- Support to strategy design and development of SBC activities
- Conduct, participate and/or manage a comprehensive SBC situation analysis of social, cultural, communication, economic and political issues in the country/region.
- Implementation of SBC activities
- Collaborate with, advise and/or consult internal partners and external partners to design evidence-based strategies and formulate, produce and test materials to organize SBC events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, maximum outreach and impact on behavioural and social change.
- Technical and operational support
- Collaborate with internal CO, RO and/or HQ colleagues to provide expert advice on the development of evidence-based strategies, approaches, policies and the planning of SBC social and resource mobilization initiatives in support of programmes/projects implementation and delivery of results.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Identify, build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with strategic partners, e.g. academia and researchers UN sister agencies and implementing organizations media and communication networks celebrities journalists and media all sectors/levels of society, and critical audiences to reinforce cooperation and/or pursue opportunities for social and behaviour change advocacy to promote UNICEF’s mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 8 year’s professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required social development programme planning, communication for development, community engagement, social and behavior change, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.