Deadline: 27 April 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Representative in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Representative will perform the following functions:
- Manage the strategic country programme planning and development
- Develop and implement strategic direction of the country.
- Lead the design, planning, formulation, preparation and development of the Country Strategic Note in close consultation and collaboration with the government, civil society, donors, UN system partners and the Regional Director, Resident and/or Humanitarian Coordinator in the country and other national development stakeholders and partners, taking into account national priorities, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Common Country Analysis and UNSDCF.
- Manage the Nepal Country Office
- Lead the office in the delivery of operational goals, finalize the annual work plan and budget and oversee the implementation, including providing direction, guidance and technical support.
- Oversee and approve programme work plans and monitor the overall progress and compliance of the CO.
- Manage the preparation of UN Women mandated country reports.
- Manage the audit review process and timely response to audit reports.
- Provide support to the Resident Coordination and serve as a member of UN Country Team
- Serve as member of the UN Country Team (UNCT) under the strategic guidance and coordination of the UN Resident Coordinator (RC)/Humanitarian Coordinator (HC), collaborate on and lead as needed UNCT programming and advocacy to ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment issues are fully integrated into UN programming processes, including the Common Country Assessment (CCA) and United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) planning, budgeting, resource mobilization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation through UN results groups and respective joint workplans, and in an enhanced response to national partners.
- Partner with RC and UN system partners to strengthen UN system interagency coherence, collaboration, planning, cooperation, and harmonization of programming, advocacy, common services, and operations.
- Represent UN Women and lead advocacy strategies
- Represent UN Women in intergovernmental forums, public information/relations events and key meetings, participate in policy dialogue discuss policy initiatives, report on progress achieved and/or present policy papers/ideas.
- Build relations and partnerships with high level and senior government officials as well as multi-lateral, bi-lateral agencies and NGOs and participate in regional, country and other critical meetings and events.
- Lead and support advocacy for gender equality and women’s empowerment to ensure UN support towards realization of the national plans and priorities are done in a gender responsive manner, and within agreed international frameworks that promote and protect gender equality.
- Lead knowledge management, innovation, and capacity building
- Manage the development and implementation on the CO communication plans, based on UN Women’s communication strategy.
- Promote critical thinking and implementation of innovation and best practices in the CO
- Oversee safety, security and well-being of personnel, programmes, and organizational assets
- Maintain and update CO security strategy, plan, and measures to ensure full compliance with UN security policies, procedures and requirements.
- Serve as member of the Security Management team (SMT) and undertake relevant security and crisis management training.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in development related disciplines, economics or public policy or other social science fields is required.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 10 year’s progressively responsible development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level.
- Experience in gender and women’s issues programming, at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes or UN Mission.
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.