Deadline: 1 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The Education Specialist will be accountable for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the knowledge management component, including data analysis.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Enhance effective programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral planning, development and management by contributing to the analysis of education progress reports, education exclusion and disparities in terms of educational access and quality of learning with a regional focus, by examining existing and emerging data with disaggregation, research and other factors.
- Ensure that monitoring mechanism are in place to track progress towards disparities reduction linked to the goals and targets in Education.
- Promote rights-based, child centred, family focused, gender responsive and quality ECD and early learning programming including the use of multilingual education in the region and in countries through participation in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of programme goals, strategies and approaches.
- Contribute to preparation of programme/project status reports for management, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, including identifying opportunities to raise OR funding for Country Offices and ROSA Education within the context of the Schools for Asia initiative.
- Support the promotion, coordination and enhancement of partnerships to support countries meet the SDGs, including partnerships with the SAARC Secretariat, UNESCO, CSOs and other regional development partners aligned with UNICEF’s priorities.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education; Primary Education, Education Economists or a Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance with specialization in education and/or ECD and early learning is required.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in education in general with specific focus on data analysis, monitoring and evaluation, ECD and early learning at the national or international level is required.
- Experience with addressing gender and other disparities is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.