Deadline: 1 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Public Education Expert in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Public Education Expert will perform the following functions:
- Develop public awareness and knowledge enhancement strategy for the project.
- Develop action plan for the project based on the strategy.
- Produce radio programme and magazine articles to build national awareness and visibility on the benefits of Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) and in particular focusing on forest and rangelands.
- Prepare materials and knowledge projects on EbA based on the project interventions as well as experience from other EbA project globally.
- Facilitate and foster intra & inter community dialogues on EbA in forests and rangelands by i) coordinating open learning days for targeted user groups in project sites ii) integrating an EbA discussion in the district environment energy climate change coordination committee or relevant institution in project working districts.
- Organize visits for the Project Implementing Partners; Director Generals (DGs) of Department of Forests and Soil Conservation, Department of Agriculture, Department of Livestock, School environmental clubs and environmental journalists to a selected EbA intervention site.
- Assess primary and secondary school curricula to identify entry points for learning on EbA.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- PhD’s Degree in Education, development communication, environmental science or any relevant discipline with 15 year’s of substantive work experience in education, public awareness and communication field with focus on development and dissemination of public education and awareness programmes through a wide range of media or other related fields is required.
- Master’s Degree in the above subjects with 15 year’s of substantive work experience may be accepted in lieu of PhD’s degree.
- Prior work experience and knowledge on product development of educational materials, tool kits, curricula, and awareness generating materials is preferred.
- Sound working knowledge of contemporary environmental issues, climate change and environment poverty nexus with a strong skill for technical writing including ability to work in a team and travel to field sites is essential.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.