Deadline: 1 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Public Education Expert in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Public Education Expert will perform the following functions:
- Develop public awareness and knowledge enhancement strategy for the project.
- Develop action plan for the project based on the strategy.
- Produce radio programme and magazine articles to build national awareness and visibility on the benefits of Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) and in particular focusing on forest and rangelands.
- Prepare materials and knowledge projects on EbA based on the project interventions as well as experience from other EbA project globally.
- Facilitate and foster intra & inter community dialogues on EbA in forests and rangelands by i) coordinating open learning days for targeted user groups in project sites ii) integrating an EbA discussion in the district environment energy climate change coordination committee or relevant institution in project working districts.
- Organize visits for the Project Implementing Partners; Director Generals (DGs) of Department of Forests and Soil Conservation, Department of Agriculture, Department of Livestock, School environmental clubs and environmental journalists to a selected EbA intervention site.
- Assess primary and secondary school curricula to identify entry points for learning on EbA.
Applicants must have:
- PhD’s Degree in Education, development communication, environmental science or any relevant discipline with 15 year’s of substantive work experience in education, public awareness and communication field with focus on development and dissemination of public education and awareness programmes through a wide range of media or other related fields is required.
- Master’s Degree in the above subjects with 15 year’s of substantive work experience may be accepted in lieu of PhD’s degree.
- Prior work experience and knowledge on product development of educational materials, tool kits, curricula, and awareness generating materials is preferred.
- Sound working knowledge of contemporary environmental issues, climate change and environment poverty nexus with a strong skill for technical writing including ability to work in a team and travel to field sites is essential.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.