Deadline: 21 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Officer in Janakpur, Nepal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Research and analyze regional and national political, nutritional, social and economic development trends. Collect, analyze, verify, and synthesize information to facilitate programme development, design and preparation.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys, and exchange information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with nutrition sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to enhance programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to deliver concrete and sustainable results.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- Minimum 1 year’s professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development in a UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.