Deadline: 23 February 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Nepal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Communication and Coordination
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents are correctly typed, copied or printed out and submitted on time in compliance with ADB standard.
- Reviews all incoming documents and mail in a timely manner and distribute to concerned staff and/or bring to the attention of supervisors, as necessary.
- Provides efficient reception services such as screening incoming phone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external calls and ensures that these are referred in a timely manner to concerned staff.
- General / Office Administration and Logistics
- Ensures that office filing system and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Ensures that publication articles selected by NRM officers are properly copied and disseminated to concerned staff.
- Provides logistical assistance to ADB missions.
- Assists in logistic and administrative arrangements related to setting up workshops, seminars and conferences organized by the NRM/HQ.
- Liaises with ADB staff inside and outside the work area, clients, and external stakeholders as required.
- Performs certain standard activities such as maintaining adequate stocks of office supplies or acting as attendance coordinator, as required.
- Relieves other Operations Assistants, as required.
- Others – Performs any other duties as may be required and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan, such as retrieving files/documents for preparation of reports, undertaking photocopying, and printing tasks, providing data in excel spreadsheets, preparing presentations with consistent formatting and preparing tables and charts for reports, among others.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accountancy, commerce, or any other fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; related experience in international agencies will be preferred.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions, and standardized practices.
- Proficiency in operating microcomputers and using software packages, for performing word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and database applications.
- Ability to foresee response and implication of own outputs, and to undertake tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies and others.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.