Deadline: 31 January 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Manager in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage the operations in the NCO
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management team and provide advice and support to the Country Representative/Deputy Country Representative on operational issues.
- Develop the annual workplan for the Operations Team and oversee its implementation and monitoring.
- Participate in review meetings and assess the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team.
- Manage business process mapping and establish internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions.
- Manage the implementation of corporate, budget, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems and ensure adequate training of staff and project personnel on these issues.
- Ensure a continuous and up-to-date flow of information between the NCO and RO and HQ.
- Oversee all operations activities, including finance, human resources, procurement, transport, IT, security, administration and ensure they follow UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Oversee planning, expenditure tracking and auditing of financial resources
- Ensure strategic and efficient management of office and programme financial resources.
- Exercise proper financial controls.
- Report locally and to HQ on established structures; seek advice from RO when deviations may be necessary.
- Review and take corrective action as appropriate on audit findings.
- Perform Manager Level 2 role in ATLAS for voucher and Purchase Order (PO) approvals.
- Ensure the NCO‘s compliance with Internal Control Framework, Delegation of Authority and segregation of duties and responsibilities.
- Lead initiatives within the NCO and OMT in Nepal to enhance timely and efficient delivery.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration, public administration, finance, HR, or related field is required.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or finance.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable.
- Professional background in programming/ projects management is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Nepali are required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Nepal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.