Deadline: 13 January 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Capacity strengthening support to Provincial Government
- Advocate and support adequate budgeting for School Health and Nutrition/School Meals Program during annual planning processes.
- Coordination and Partnership
- Attend to various provincial level forums for sharing information that enhance WFP’s collaboration with Government agencies and contribute for building and sustaining effective collaborative relationships with provincial and local government stakeholders that are relevant under the Social Protection Framework.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Organize regular joint supervision and coaching visits of Provincial government to Local government and schools, followed by a review meeting at the Provincial level to reflect on the observations of the joint visit.
- Programme Support
- Support the roll of Community Feedback Mechanism, Gender action learning system, M&E system, and other initiatives under the USDA/McGD project.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Agriculture, Public Health and Nutrition, Education, Management, or another field relevant to international development assistance or First University Degree with additional 2 year’s related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Nepali Typing skill is an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Nepali and English languages.
- Knowledge of local languages is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.