Deadline: 16 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge management (data collection, policy analysis and knowledge products)
- Contribute to advancing UNICEF knowledge management function in which relevant data, information and knowledge on children and the issues affecting them are systematically acquired, continuously upgraded and disseminated internally and externally to counterparts, partners, donors, media and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Support to the implementation of Social Protection and PF4C activities
- Collaborate and/or consult with internal and external partners mainly the government counterparts to provide operational and technical support to implementation of social protection and public finance for children related activities.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Participate in intersectoral collaboration with other programme colleagues.
- Knowledge management and capacity building
- Support the organization, administration and implement capacity building initiatives, including partnerships with training and academic institutions, to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/partners on social policy work.
- UNICEF Programme Management
- Support and contribute to effective and efficient planning, management, coordination, monitoring and periodical reporting to donors and reporting of the Nepal country office programme.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social sciences (Social Policy, Economics, public administration) or other related social science field is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in areas of Social policy research, study, policy analysis program planning, communications and public advocacy and/or related areas at national level.
- Experience related to social protection in Nepal will be added value for the position.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Nepal..
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.