Deadline : 18 September 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Director in Nepal.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Director will perform the following functions:
- Lead the efforts to improve and strengthen in-country supply chain logistics through data analysis and improved forecasting accuracy to ensure no stock-outs.
- Provide support and technical assistance to the central government and other supply chain stakeholders to improve core supply chain functions and data visibility.
- Provide strategic guidance to the technical teams and promote best practices in order to improve forecast and supply planning, warehousing and inventory management, data availability, accuracy and visibility to inform decision making for continuous availability of Family Planning and Maternal, Newborn and Child Health commodities.
- Provide oversight for the conducting of assessments as necessary to understand storage capacity requirements at various levels in the supply chain.
- Provide leadership for annual work plan development, activity tracking and reporting.
- Conduct regional travel to participate in spot-checks to monitor GHSC-PSM interventions and provide inputs to defining solutions to correct all observed gaps.
- Produce monthly and quarterly activity reports highlight project milestone achievements, challenges and success stories.
- Review all regular technical reports, including for task orders and other reports for USG and GHSC-PSM headquarter, as well as monitoring & evaluation quarterly reports produced by the field office before submission to headquarters or USAID.
- Troubleshoot communication issues, facilitate clear, concise, and streamlined communication within the teams, and relevant stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in public health, pharmacy, supply chain systems, logistics, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the same fields plus 5+ year’s of work experience with supply chains or health system strengthening.
- 10 year’s providing technical guidance and oversight for supply chain management areas including but not limited to Quantification and Supply Planning, warehousing and inventory management, Management Information Systems and capacity building for health commodity supply chains.
- 2 year’s of managerial experience implementing health supply chain systems.
- Ability to create efficiencies and lead the implementation of large complex public health programs, preferably with experience in medical logistics, or health commodity supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience with developing supply chain strategic plans, supply chain assessments, supply chain performance evaluation in developing countries.
- Ability to set and monitor performance against key performance indicators.
- Ability to apply supply chain management best practices and innovations to donor-funded programs.
- Knowledge regarding health commodity supply chains and commodity security.
- Knowledge of USAID project and contract mechanisms.
- Fluency in English both (Written and verbal) is preferred.
- Fluency in Nepali both (Written and verbal) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.