Deadline: 29 May 2016
International Criminal Court (ICC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Planning Coordination Officer in Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 2 years.
ICC established to help end impunity for the perpetrators of the most serious crimes of concern to the international community.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Planning Coordination Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develops a holistic understanding of operational field Court wide activities, interacting with a wide range of entities.
- Demonstrates creativity and the ability to contribute to the elaboration of dedicated automated and flexible applications used in the prioritization of judiciary processes in accordance with the best practices and available resources.
- Develops and maintains a dedicated, field operations Lessons Learned data base involving all the field actors.
- Drafts sound and coordinated plans related to the Field Office life cycle such as the opening and closure of Field Office locations, providing effective and timely updates, oversight and coordination in support.
- In close cooperation with Field Offices and their clients, and in support to the Head of Unit, assists in the coordination for mid-term planning and forecasting of field activities and special projects.
- Provides support and advice for the adoption of Field Office-specific guidelines by assisting where applicable in the formulation of strategic planning and Service Level Agreements.
- Provides effective liaison for advice on matters related to ICC policy, administration and best practices/Standard Operating Procedures.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in operations management, logistics, security management, social sciences, development studies or other relevant area.
- University degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience is accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years (four years with a first-level university degree) of relevant work experience in relation to strategic or operational planning branches in a national or international institution or organization dealing with sensitive situations, emergencies or related area.
- Knowledge or experience of Field Operations planning in the field as well as at HQ level is strongly desired.
- Proven operational planner drafting qualification is desirable.
- Proficiency in one of the working languages of the Court, English or French, is required.
- Working knowledge of the other is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) would be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ICC.