Deadline: 2 April 2017
International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Development Officer in The Hague, The Netherlands.
IDLO empowers people and enables governments to reform laws and institutions that promote peace, justice, social development and sustainable economic growth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Undertake and document needs assessments and scoping missions, utilizing functional tools such as SWOT Analysis, problem/objective Trees, stakeholder and legal analyses, data collection, and others with the aim to design new projects for IDLO.
- Design country, regional or thematic results-based project proposals in line with IDLO’s strategic plan, in line with institutional practices, processes and procedures, and utilizing standardized program cycle management tools, such as logical models and frameworks, work plans, monitoring reports, and others.
- Based on a theory of change and liaising with all relevant colleagues across IDLO offices and in the field, draft project proposals including competitive bids and grant applications.
- Liaise with respective team members to ensure that program proposals include monitoring and evaluation of project activities including outputs, benchmarks, and other milestones.
- Assess upon request and within a reasonable timeframe on likelihood of success for IDLO in pursuing a call for proposals.
- Following the submission of a proposal and based on the result in each case, evaluate contributing factors of success or failure in pursuing a call for proposals articulate lessons learned and incorporate them into subsequent program development.
- Review program evaluation framework and provide guidance and recommendations for improvement of program development tools and procedures.
- Contribute and liaise with respective team members for preparation of annual departmental budget and operating plan.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of a university degree in: business development / business management / social science or a related field.
- Background in law is definitely an advantage.
- Minimum 6 years of substantial professional experience in program development in an international setting (IGO, international NGO).
- Experience in rule of law program implementation and/or development is highly desirable.
- Experience of program design in two or more regions is highly desirable.
- Experience with program design catering to program requirements of two or more major donors is desirable.
- Fluency oral and professional writing skills in English are essential.
- Fluency in spoken and written French is a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of other language (e.g. Spanish, Arabic, Russian or a language of South East Asia) will be advantageous.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter via the given website.
For more information, please download the PDF IDLO.