Deadline: 19 September 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Budget & Programming Assistant in Managua, Nicaragua.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Budget & Programming Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the elaboration, review of budget plans, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices to support financial analysis and optimization of resources.
- Utilize various sources of information to prepare financial analysis on fund and grant balances and refer to the supervisor discrepancies, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
- Contribute maintain efficient pipeline management by inputting accurate data to facilitate the monitoring of food resources, maintain traceability of food for donor reporting and prevent shortfalls and pipeline breaks.
- Enter accurate data in the corporate systems within the established deadlines, to enable easy access to information and support planning and decision-making.
- Compile data and provide analysis, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports for further reviews, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with several individuals regarding project funds management matters and related processes to clarify any discrepancies and optimize use of funds.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting,or any other related fields involving the development of mathematical skills such as Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Information Technology or Computer Information Systems.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.