Deadline: 14 August 2020
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Nicaragua.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of Party (COP), including work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Provide oversight for technical implementation of the program in collaboration with the COP for the development of deliverables, management, compliance, and reporting according to USAID and GC requirements.
- Oversee Community Outreach to build community-level trust, peace, and security by strengthening social networks and providing youth opportunities to contribute and address violence in their communities.
- Collaboration with the COP, establish and monitor project budget and progress reporting processes.
- Serve as the primary liaison to all partners.
- Manage technical staff and ensure a cohesive and productive team dynamic across the office in Bogotá and the local offices.
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or higher in management, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ prior experience implementing programs with vulnerable communities in the public and/or private sectors.
- Experience implementing complex donor-funded development projects.
- Technical expertise in protection, income generation, GVB, Community development or violence prevention programming with vulnerable communities and youth.
- Ability in leading programs in Nicaragua.
- Experience implementing USAID programming.
- Proficiency English and fluency in Spanish writing/speaking skills required.
- Nationality of Nicaragua.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit Global Communities.