Deadline: 26 September 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Managua, Nicaragua.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Development and Implementation of procurement strategies
- Appropriate application of UNOPS procurement governance framework (rules, regulations, policies and tools) in Business Unit and Project operations.
- Management of procurement processes
- Sustainability embedded in the procurement process.
- Ensure introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Creation, development and management of rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective recruitment, work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for Business Unit personnel on Procurement-related topics.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree (equivalent to Master’s Degree) preferably in Procurement and / or Supply Chain Management, law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Architect, Environmental Engineering or related fields and 5 year’s experience
- University Degree (equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree) and 7 year’s relevant experience.
- Academic Degree or certifications in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, the Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or a similar international certification is a clear advantage.
- Environmental infrastructure training or similar training is a clear advantage.
- Based on academic Degree, minimum 5 to 7 year’s professional experience at the international and national level, in advising on, implementing policies and procedures to deliver a range of procurement programmes and services.
- Personnel supervisory experience in procurement.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Intermediate level of English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.