Deadline: 24 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Assistant in Maradi, Niger. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Education Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Work in accordance with NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in the implementation of the project in accordance with the planning.
- Write the reports / materials / CR of the activities at the request of the supervisor or the management.
- Ensure the correct archiving of documents.
- Ensure compliance with the targets / beneficiaries of the projects.
- Ensure the daily management of the activities.
- Work with communities, schools and teachers directly in the field.
- Ensure proper reporting of each activity carried out.
- Ensure the collection of information and data.
- Provide training and monitoring of teachers.
- Ensure the proper use of project resources and assets.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Education, Political Science, Sociology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience including at least 1 year with an NGO in the field of education in a humanitarian context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in education and training of young people.
- Know how to work in a team and with children and young people.
- Facilitate in the implementation of activities.
- Good level of communication and negotiation.
- Proficiency in written and oral French.
- Experience in project start-up.
- Experience in implementing education activities in emergency situations.
- Experience as a teacher or trainer is an asset.
- Experience of protection and advocacy work in the education sector.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.