Deadline: 30 October 2019
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor in Niamey, Niger.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will improve the access and quality of high impact maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, family planning, and nutrition services at the community, primary health facility, and secondary levels of care.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will perform the following:
- Facilitate the adoption of a state-owned, integrated approaches to promoting gender and social inclusion in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services, at all levels of the health sector.
- Ensure roll-out of gender and social inclusion strategies that reduce maternal and under-five mortality, and increase enabling environments for utilization of integrated health services.
- Advocate with and to the Central, State and Local government agencies for development of supportive policies and regulations, as necessary and appropriate, in support of equitable, integrated primary health and secondary health services.
- Build capacity and institutionalizes gender and social inclusion analysis of integrated health services at the central, state, local and community levels.
- Contribute to the project’s collaborating, learning, and adaptation (CLA) activities and the development of knowledge management products related to integrated reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services.
- Apply lessons learned to improve the program design and implementation in project supported states
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Social work preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience providing gender and social inclusion advisory services for USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Excellent advocacy and leadership skills, including the ability to engage the Ministry of Health and health providers to promote respectful services and inclusive engagement to increase utilization and adoption of health services.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff, donors and beneficiaries.
- Nationality of Niger.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.