Deadline: 30 October 2019
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor in Niamey, Niger.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will improve the access and quality of high impact maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, family planning, and nutrition services at the community, primary health facility, and secondary levels of care.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will perform the following:
- Facilitate the adoption of a state-owned, integrated approaches to promoting gender and social inclusion in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services, at all levels of the health sector.
- Ensure roll-out of gender and social inclusion strategies that reduce maternal and under-five mortality, and increase enabling environments for utilization of integrated health services.
- Advocate with and to the Central, State and Local government agencies for development of supportive policies and regulations, as necessary and appropriate, in support of equitable, integrated primary health and secondary health services.
- Build capacity and institutionalizes gender and social inclusion analysis of integrated health services at the central, state, local and community levels.
- Contribute to the project’s collaborating, learning, and adaptation (CLA) activities and the development of knowledge management products related to integrated reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services.
- Apply lessons learned to improve the program design and implementation in project supported states
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Social work preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience providing gender and social inclusion advisory services for USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Excellent advocacy and leadership skills, including the ability to engage the Ministry of Health and health providers to promote respectful services and inclusive engagement to increase utilization and adoption of health services.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff, donors and beneficiaries.
- Nationality of Niger.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.