Deadline: 4 February 2021
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administration and Finance Analyst in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOCHA coordinates the global emergency response to save lives and protect people in humanitarian crises. We advocate for effective and principled humanitarian action by all, for all.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administration and Finance Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Provide management support to OCHA administrative operations with the following
- Full compliance of operations with UN/OCHA/UNDP rules, regulations and policies, effective implementation of corporate operational strategies, achievement of management targets, monitoring and reporting of results.
- Liaise with the UNDP Country Office (Finance & Procurement, Protocol units) to ensure that the provision of all OCHA related administrative support services are implemented/delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
- Closely follow up on all issues related to staff travel (domestic & international) and office/staff compliance with the security procedures.
- Manage the office transport flees and ensure that all vehicles are all MOSS compliant and are in road worthy condition and properly maintained including the provision of adequate spare parts at all times.
- Plan and organize office events including retreats, meetings and other events and ensure that all participants are informed in advance and that the necessary logistics is in place including booking of venues, hotels etc.
- Supervise the work and manage the performance of the Administrate support staff.
- Support the management and monitoring of OCHA assets with the following
- Management of OCHA assets ensuring full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for procurement, utilization and disposal of OCHA Nigeria‘s assets.
- Ensure that for the office assets/inventory proper records are maintained and updated regularly and that both the financial and physical status of all office NEPs is regularly reported/updated in OCHA ERP system (Umoja) and maintaining required related documentation.
- Ensure proper documentation for inventory hand-over/return to custodians and update the records in Umoja/internal data base accordingly.
- Manage and coordinate the procurement of goods and services with the following
- Required goods and services secured in a timely manner, within budget and in full compliance with established UN rules, regulations and procedures for procurement.
- Procurement actions taken in accordance with the principles of good planning and overall strategic objectives established by OCHA management, using best practices in sourcing, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and the use of performance measurement benchmarks.
- Sound judgment, knowledge and guidance are applied to tender processes and evaluation of bids, in the negotiation of agreements, and in contract management.
- Day-to-day support and coordination for all procurement arrangements with local service providers & ensure that common service agreements (cleaning, security, health facilities, vehicle maintenance etc) are properly implement and services are to the standards required.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Masters or the equivalent) in business administration, accounting or in a similarly related field.
- Professional qualifications in finance/accounting/administration and knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations are added advantage.
- 2 year’s of relevant professional experience in business/public administration, finance, Human Resources or other related areas.
- Good knowledge on Administration/Operations is required.
- Experience working with the UN or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in using UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of travel and procurement is highly desirable.
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spread sheets, the internet/Web) is required.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOCHA.