Deadline: 27 October 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Manager will perform the following functions:
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the area.
Member of the Country Management Group (CMG).
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy, and Plan of Action.
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level.
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans.
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies.
- Represent NRC and networking on the area level.
Applicants must have:
- 5 year’s of experience in a senior management level position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in Protection, Shelter, WASH, or Food Security will be a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria or West Africa (Lake Chad crisis).
- Experience with start-up.
- Experience with rapidly growing programs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.