Deadline: 7 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Representative in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Country Representative will be responsible for leading and managing the Nigeria Country Office and for translating the UN Women’s Strategic Plan (SP) in line with regional and national priorities, into development initiatives.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Representative will perform the following functions-
- Identify development planning and programme needs, opportunities and approaches to strengthen UN Women country presence and relevance.
- Participate in the region’s UN Women programme strategy and provide advice to the Executive Director, Regional Director and Senior Management on the strategy, direction and planning of programmes and projects.
- Lead the preparation, submission of the Annual Work plan and budget and oversee the implementation, including providing direction, guidance and technical support.
- Oversee and approve programme work plans and monitor the overall progress and compliance of the Nigeria CO.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the UNCT in supporting enhanced response to national partners in advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment and UN reform.
- Support the coordination and promotion of accountability with the UN Resident Coordinator System to advance gender equality and women’s empowerment and UN reform.
- Lead the conceptualization, design and implementation of country resource mobilization strategies.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices in Nigeria Country office programming and operations to maximize efficiency and achieve concrete and sustainable results.
- Approve the implementation of innovation and best practices in the Nigeria CO to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy in programming and operations.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in development related disciplines, economics or public policy or other social science fields.
- Minimum 10 years of extensive development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in aid development cooperation, some of which in gender and women’s issues programming, at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programs or UN Mission.
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- Proficiency in English (written and oral) is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.