Deadline: 29 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Bauchi, Nigeria.
The Education Officer will provide technical support for effective delivery of the Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3), support project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of quality interventions under GEP3, support the development of policy frameworks and advocacy on girls education at different levels.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support to program development and planning.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in education, development studies, or a relevant field(s).
- 2 years of progressive professional work experience at national or international levels relevant to education programming which includes experience in capacity development, facilitation, planning and management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization in an asset.
- Experience in national level development assistance is an asset.
- Experience in policy advocacy, partnership building, working through networks and leveraging funds to achieve results.
- Experience in education in emergency programming an asset.
- Technical knowledge in education management information system (EMIS), educational planning, monitoring and evaluation, alternative education, gender, value for money (VFM).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local working language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.