Deadline: 5 August 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Abuja, Nigeria.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Accounting software operations and reporting:
- Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software – SAP.
- Ensure that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable descriptions.
- Internal Financial Controls & Payments:
- Ensure that the documentation for payment is acceptable and accurate with all arithmetic calculations being correct.
- Approved payment request should be processed within three days of receipt.
- Advance Management:
- Prepare and maintain the sub-ledger for all advances (travel, purchase etc.).
- Ensure timely liquidation of staff advances should not exceed seven days after travel arrival
- Assist in the Administration of Staff Payroll:
- Prepare the withholding tax deductions report and completing and submitting monthly Statutory PAYE forms to relevant Government Organizations.
- Reconcile payment of NHF with Federal mortgage bank of Nigeria and a monthly update on all staff NHF Cards.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Accounting or relevant professional qualifications equivalent.
- BSc or HND in Financial accounting and related financial/Business administration courses.
- At least 2 year’s practical work experience in managing financial and administrative systems for donor funded projects.
- At least 3 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in grant financial management with donor-funded projects in Nigeria.
- Experience in use of SAP (Added advantage).
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to carry strenuous office duties of lifting heavy items.
- Familiar with international donors.
- Strong communication skills oral and written.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.