Deadline: 29 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Human Resources Officer will manage all human resource activities including the supervision of human resource staff in the Nigeria country office in accordance with the HR work plan, consistent with the Country Programme Management Plan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination and administration of international and local conditions of service, terms of employment, benefits and allowances in accordance with UNIUNICEF regulations and rules.
- Support the office’s administrative and technical needs for professional officers, general service and temporary staff by implementing and administering effective and speedy recruitment procedures.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations.
- Implement and administer the fair, equitable and systematic GS classification in compliance with the established standards and procedures as well as the classification principle of equal pay for work of equal value by ensuring all job descriptions are current and duly classified.
- Enhance staff’s job performance by supporting the identification of training needs, preparation of training proposals and arranging for implementation and evaluation of training.
- Provide orientation briefing to newly arrived staff Promote a rational and attainable career management system to meet the office’s current and future needs.
- Monitor potential staff – management issues.
- Provide advice to managers/supervisors on appropriate approach to be used in sound performance management and in counseling staff.
- Contribute to the budget preparation and review process through an analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office.
- Participate in management meetings affecting HR planning and management.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in social sciences or other relevant disciplines (human resources, business administration, international relations, psychology, etc).
- Additional human resources professional training an advantage.
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience in human resources experience.
- Background/familiarity with emergency.
- Data Management experience will be an advantage.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.