Deadline: 9 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 Months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to formulation of wide programme policies in line with both organizational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field or translate programme policy into Regional/Country level practices.
- Developing programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations, to ensure a clear and strong connection between HQ and field operations.
- Provide advice and support to COs on moderately complex issues.
- Provide technical advice or mobilize technical expertise on programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and appropriate food products, the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Assist counterparts in governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of moderately complex food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at national and sub-national levels.
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work.
- Manage operational research and evidence building on issues relevant to food assistance.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Management and Communication.
- Minimum 5-10 year’s experience in information management in humanitarian context.
- Ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful/critical situations.
- Fluency in spoken and written English Language.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.