Deadline: 14 August 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Investment Officer in Lagos, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop a thorough understanding of the relevant sector (Manufacturing and Consumer Services) and support team in developing strong relationships with key counterparts in the private and public sector as well as development partners.
- Proactively identify potential investment partners and opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations to IFC’s management.
- Execute loan, equity, and mezzanine financings including processing mandates, conduct due diligence, structuring deals, negotiate terms and documentation, arrange syndications, and process internal approvals.
- Work closely with IFC’s specialists to manage environmental, social, technical, legal, insurance, corporate governance, and other risks in projects and champion IFC’s sustainability offerings to clients.
- Monitor clients’ compliance with the terms of investment agreements, prepare timely supervision reports, identify early warning signs, and, when necessary, formulate/implement strategies for work-outs, restructurings or rescheduling.
- Provide high quality client service throughout the project cycle from transaction sourcing and processing to supervision.
Applicants must have:
- MBA, Master’s Degree in Finance or equivalent.
- 10 – 12 year’s of work experience for a major commercial or investment bank with significant emerging markets presence, an international financial institution or a private equity firm.
- Experience in investment transaction, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring and closing quality investments.
- Knowledge of and experience in emerging markets a plus (particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Strong business judgment in identifying potential business partners.
- Strong financial and credit skills; sound business judgment and demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries and to build networks across the region, including the ability to mentor and coach others to achieve results.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in French, a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.