Deadline: 5 September 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will ensure that WFP programmes generate quality evidence on the outcomes and effects of WFP’s food assistance activities on the lives of beneficiaries with which to inform operational decision making and strategic reorientation.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions:
- Oversee the regular performance monitoring of WFP activities at the area office level, including the coordination of monthly process monitoring and biannual outcome monitoring in order to provide the most relevant and strategic information toward achieving expected results (as set out in the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and other global and regional plans), while being compliant with WFP monitoring requirements.
- Budget for M&E costs and advocate for appropriate financial and human resourcing.
- Contribute and support evidence-based decision-making on programme design and implementation, notably through making monitoring findings accessible, developing innovative, user-friendly and informative products.
- Support WFP management in addressing recommendations from monitoring to ensure follow-up actions are taken as required.
- Build M&E capacity of WFP staff and partners through delivery of training and information sharing.
- Manage junior staff members and guide as required to enable high performance.
- Ensure that CO monitoring systems and tools are in place and compliant with corporate standards, including the minimum monitoring requirements (MMR), standard operational procedures (SOP) and establishment of baselines and targets in alignment with the corporate results framework (CRF).
- Ensure all monitoring tools are appropriately digitized for electronic data collection through conducting the programming and overseeing quality checks.
- Produce regular info graphic and narrative monitoring reports, including running data analysis, with status of results and implementation progress.
- Facilitate/contribute to mid-term and thematic reviews, and coordinate area office aspects of evaluations and decentralized evaluations.
- Other duties as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, statistics, development economics, performance management, monitoring and evaluation or other related fields.
- University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional work experience including in international development or humanitarian work.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in monitoring, including strong experience developing and using a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools and methods.
- Strong data analysis and infographics (e.g., SPSS, STATA, Tableau, Excel).
- Questionnaire programming (xls).
- Report writing and dashboard creation.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese.
- Fluency in a local language (preferred Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa Arabic).
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.