Deadline: 20 September 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator in Abuja, Nigeria.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Ensure operational coordination of project implementation, monitor conditions set out in the project document, budget and grant agreement.
- Responsible for the effective management of funds allocated to activities within the project.
- Initiate, sustain and guide cooperation with key partners, in close collaboration with relevant ILO technical specialists to ensure the performance and results of the project.
- Develop work plans in consultation with tripartite partners and update project work plans on a continuous basis and ensure their timely implementation.
- Coordinate and monitor project activities implemented by project partners, external collaborators (consultants or service providers) and trainers and ensure the quality of outputs, by reviewing, verifying and analysing work plans, contract outputs, progress reports, final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness.
- Regularly brief responsible government officials, employer and worker associations on project status.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in law, economics, management, international development, social sciences, gender studies or a related field.
- At least 3 year’s relevant professional experience including experience related to project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in conducting research and assessments, as well as in supporting women’s economic empowerment or entrepreneurship is desirable.
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of English.
- Working knowledge of another official language of the Organization or an official national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.