Deadline: 1 December 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Officer-Social Protection in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Officer-Social Protection will perform the following functions-
- Ensure operational coordination of project implementation and monitor conditions set out in the project document, budget and grant agreement.
- Lead the implementation of project activities in Nigeria with criteria of timeliness, quality and effectiveness, ensuring the achievement of planned results in the time frame and within budget, in accordance with global project requirements and the policies, values and procedures of the ILO.
- Update project work plans on a continuous basis and ensure their timely implementation.
- Coordinate and provide technical follow-up assistance for the activities to be implemented in Nigeria.
- Include the creation of concept notes and Terms of Reference for the activities not yet planned.
- Provide technical support and coordinate the operationalization of an actuarial valuation study of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in cooperation with NHIS, consultants and in close collaboration with relevant ILO technical specialists. This includes overseeing the facilitation of training workshops online and offline.
- Provide technical support to the creation of a social protection bill for Nigeria aligned to regional and international standards and good practices as well as a fiscal space assessment and national financing strategy for social protection.
- Liaise closely with implementing partners including the UNicef (lead agency), WFP, UNDP and government and state (Sokoto) counterparts to ensure timely implementation of activities and sustainability.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social (health) policy, public policy, international development, or any other related field.
- 2 year’s of professional work experience in project management, programme or policy development and implementation preferably with a particular focus on social protection, including social insurance.
- Experience in the strategic support with the implementation of social protection policies or programmes is an additional asset.
- Experience in project management is essential.
- Experience in working with other ILO projects or partners is highly desirable.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and negotiate with government officials, representative(s) of civil society, representatives of workers ‘and employers’ organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate the achievement of objectives and results in a timely and results oriented manner.
- Knowledge of the regulations and procedures of the ILO and/or other UN entities would be an asset.
- Excellent command of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.