Deadline: 21 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Sector Coordinator in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Sector Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Coordination, representation and leadership:
- Maintain a coordination mechanism that facilitates the effective achievement of the Sector functions and the requirements of the Humanitarian Project Cycle (Humanitarian Need Overview, Humanitarian Response Plan and Cluster Coordination Performance Monitoring) and which builds on pre-existing coordination structures where appropriate and furthers the development of current or future national and subnational capacities.
- Needs assessment and analysis:
- Lead the planning and implementation of needs assessment and analysis, including representing the Sector in multi-sectoral needs assessments and joint analysis of needs.
- Strategic response planning:
- Lead and coordinate strategic planning, response prioritization and the development of a context specific-gender transformative sectoral response plan across the triple nexus.
- Resource mobilization and advocacy:
- Support and coordinate the mobilization of adequate resources to ensure the effective functioning of the Sector, its response and establishment of medium to long term capacities.
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation:
- Monitor, evaluate and report regularly on the coverage, equity, quality and progress of the response against Sector strategy, priorities and agreed results.
- Training and capacity building of national/local authorities and civil society:
- Promote and support training of humanitarian personnel and capacity building of humanitarian partners, based on the mapping and understanding of available capacity.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, or another health-related science field.
- Minimum 8 year’s professional experience in nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care is required with experience at international level.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Prior experience in a similar role with a minimum 2 year’s experience of Nutrition Cluster/ Sector coordination is highly desirable and considered an asset.
- Experience working in emergency/humanitarian contexts away from country of residence is essential.
- Experience of demonstrating analytical and persuasive writing and reporting skills, editing skills, and the ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience is required.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against workplan and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.