Deadline: 25 August 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Portfolio Management Officer in Abuja, Nigeria.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Portfolio Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Understand the bank’s core product areas and High 5 priorities, assess/present solutions that deliver value to internal and external clients.
- Work in close coordination and support the Director General and regional coordinators in the execution of regional mandates.
- Contribute sector know-how and market intelligence for the financial intermediaries, new business development and participate in the project appraisals as required.
- Provide leadership and support in the development of the Financial Institutions Portfolio management strategy, and assist in execution of this strategy.
- Lead discussions at credit risk committee level working in collaboration with the task manager, regional coordinator, PGCL on all waivers, restructuring requiring approval from the committee.
- Ensure proper coordination between the Headquarters and the Regional offices to ensure consistency of approaches, knowledge sharing and exchange of experiences, and consistency and integration of policy commitments in all financial sector operations.
- Lead in the review of portfolio performance by sector and regional country and preparation of initiatives to promote project quality and improve portfolio performance.
- Provide guidance and advice for the identification and implementation of action items needed to resolve implementation issues and problems.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s or its equivalent in Finance, Development Economics, Business Administration or any other discipline that is relevant to the Financial Sector development.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant professional experience in Infrastructure, Industrialization and Public Private Partnerships, preferably within the Financial Sector.
- International experience and exposure to working in several countries, especially Africa.
- Expert knowledge with operations of financial institutions and capital market structures, Credit Risk Management and treasury products.
- Ability to build effective client relationships (internally and externally);
- Ability to represent the Division Manger effectively within and outside the AfDB;
- Proven track record in the structuring of a range of Bank products, such as loans, equity, guarantee products and technical assistance.
- Knowledgeable in the structuring and execution of debt and equity.
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent Professional written and verbal communications in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.