Deadline: 30 November 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Programme Associate will support the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support to programme development, planning and execution:
- Research, analyze, verify, synthesize and compile qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Monitor and track the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Support in resource mobilization:
- Research, analyze, verify, and synthesize data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building:
- Research, analyze, verify and synthesize information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
- Support capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.