Deadline: 30 November 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
The Programme Associate will support the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development, planning and execution:
- Research, analyze, verify, synthesize and compile qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Monitor and track the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Support in resource mobilization:
- Research, analyze, verify, and synthesize data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building:
- Research, analyze, verify and synthesize information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
- Support capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.