Deadline: 31 October 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
The Programme Manager will coordinate the EiE project focusing on learning outcome of pupils by implementing education activities and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of Plan International’s emergency response.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensure proper stewardship of Plan Nigeria resources, and adherence to government and donor policies and regulations.
- Work closely with the humanitarian team(EiE) for leverage to develop portfolio for education in programs.
Develop high quality proposals.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Supervisor.
- Participate fully in strategic planning, annual planning and budgeting and other program planning processes, and ensures that implementing partner are involved where appropriate.
- Provide leadership and management for all direct reports and ensure the establishment of and functioning of a strong, effective and coordinated team.
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact.
- Ensure the integration of partners’ voice into program planning and the development of innovative projects.
- Network with donors and national offices for funding opportunities for Plan International Education development programs in Plan international areas of work.
- Ensure provision of timely and quality reports as per the requirement of the donor.
- Ensure sufficient and efficient management of projects’ budgets.
- Provide leadership and technical support including trainings to both Plan International and partner staff as well as the government.
Applicants must have:
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields having a Master’s degree related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies.
- Experience working in emergency settings.
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal).
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence.
- Provide good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.