Deadline: 31 October 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
The Programme Manager will coordinate the EiE project focusing on learning outcome of pupils by implementing education activities and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of Plan International’s emergency response.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure proper stewardship of Plan Nigeria resources, and adherence to government and donor policies and regulations.
- Work closely with the humanitarian team(EiE) for leverage to develop portfolio for education in programs.
Develop high quality proposals.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Supervisor.
- Participate fully in strategic planning, annual planning and budgeting and other program planning processes, and ensures that implementing partner are involved where appropriate.
- Provide leadership and management for all direct reports and ensure the establishment of and functioning of a strong, effective and coordinated team.
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact.
- Ensure the integration of partners’ voice into program planning and the development of innovative projects.
- Network with donors and national offices for funding opportunities for Plan International Education development programs in Plan international areas of work.
- Ensure provision of timely and quality reports as per the requirement of the donor.
- Ensure sufficient and efficient management of projects’ budgets.
- Provide leadership and technical support including trainings to both Plan International and partner staff as well as the government.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields having a Master’s degree related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies.
- Experience working in emergency settings.
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal).
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence.
- Provide good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Plan International.