Deadline: 27 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Bama, Nigeria.
The Protection Assistant will be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan (under the supervision of the Nutrition & CBT Team Leads) and the international standards.
- Coordinate the Project Management Committee activities in relevance to nutritional, food distribution and Cash-Based Transfer activities.
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management).
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc).
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations.
- Track, document and follow up on Complains and feedback during food distribution.
- Work closely with the Food Security Team to ensure Gender and Protection is mainstreamed in all activities.
- Assist in mobilizing the IDP and Host community to facilitate DRC Programs awareness activities with other partner organizations.
- Disseminate information about services available to IDPs and affected host communities during all DRC Food Security activities.
- Coordinate with M&E during PDMs and House-hold surveys in our intervention area.
- Supervise the activities of the Community Nutrition Mobilisers and SBCC facilitators.
- Any other tasks required by the Nutrition/CBT Team Leaders or Protection Manager, according to programmatic needs.
Applicants must have:
- BA. /BSc. in the relevant field (sociology, social work, psychology, education, counselling, human rights, development studies etc.)
- 2 years of work experience in a humanitarian organization.
- 1 year of hands-on experience in the protection sector.
- Previous experience with DRC Protection programming.
- Experience with remote management will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing), proven capacity to maintain communication with remote locations.
- High reporting skills (excellent writing skills).
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently, attention to details, and a high level of pro activity.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.