Deadline: 24 September 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Pulka, Nigeria.
The Protection Assistant will also be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting the Officers in providing capacity building to key stakeholders, and in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan (under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Manager) and the international standards.
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management).
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc).
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations.
- Track, document and follow up on Complains and feedback during food distribution.
- Work closely with the Food Security Team to ensure Gender and Protection is mainstreamed in all activities.
- Any other tasks required by the Protection Roving Officer or Protection Manager, according to programmatic needs.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- 2 years Work experience in a humanitarian organization / with displacement affected populations or experience as a DRC protection field worker.
- Good knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing).
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently.
- Flexibility and high level of pro activity.
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit a CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied including contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer and should be addressed to: “Protection Coordinator” through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.