Deadline: 31 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Muscat, Oman.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate services in the functional areas of operations support budget, financial management and reporting, facilities management, administration, supply and logistics management, information and communications technology, human resources, and safety and security.
- Support the line manager to implement career development, opportunities for staff.
- Act as member of relevant Senior Management Teams, representing the organizational risks, governance systems and policies, and supporting results-based management.
- Understand business needs for the office, to propose viable solutions aimed at value for money.
- Provide contribution to CPD, CPMP, AMP and support to Results Based Management and implementation using Value for Money criteria.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in one of the following areas is required Business management, Financial management, Accounting, Public Finance, Related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.)
- Professional license from internationally recognized institutions is an asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience, at the national and/or international level, is required, specifically in one or more operations management area including budget, financial management and reporting facilities management, administration, supply and logistics management, information and communication technology, human resources.
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic language) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.