Deadline: 20 May 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Base Manager in Goz Beida, Chad. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Base Manager will perform the following functions-
- Office Administration
- Oversee the maintenance and running of Concern premises (office/stores and residence) in Goz Beida (and potential sub-office) ensuring that adequate supplies, staffing and standard operating procedures are in place.
- Ensure the leases for all premises are actively managed, ensuring payment requests (including taxes) are processed on a timely basis and that contract renewals are assessed and implemented or amended on a timely basis this is conjunction with N’Djamena.
- Liaise with the Ndjamena office to ensure efficient and timely systems support and collaboration necessary to implement the programme.
- Ensure adherence to Concern’s systems and procedures for logistics, with support from the AC and the SD.
- Manage logistics functions (procurement, transport, storage, asset management) in Goz Beida (and potential sub-office), ensuring all tasks are carried out in a timely manner and in line with Concern’s and donor procedures.
- Fleet and generator management: overseeing and maintaining the programme transport management system, including vehicle movement planning, transport report, etc. and scheduling maintenance/repairs.
- Special attention will be paid to generator management, maintenance, and fuel management and consumption.
Applicants must have-
- Primary Degree in logistics, supply chain management or associated discipline.
- At least 3 year’s Systems/Logistics experience, with management experience, of which at least 2 year’s working overseas with an NGO.
- Logistics/Procurement/Transport/fleet management experience.
- Store management experience.
- Proven ability in report writing.
- Excellent communication skills in French, good level of English, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise and handle a diverse and heavy workload.
- Proven analytical, planning and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to communicate with people and to contribute to local staff capacity development.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Ability and willingness to live in basic conditions for long periods of time.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Concern Worldwide.