Deadline: 6 April 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Harare, Zimbabwe.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision making per program activity.
- Prepare service entry sheets (SES) for Supply Chain operations and submitting them for payment through the corporate Invoice Tracking System.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set
- Contribute to budget preparation representing Supply Chain Unit, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards
- Provide procedural and technical support within the areas of finance to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Prepare and provide charge codes for travel, payroll and other Supply Chain related activities for in country and overland projects.
- Monitor Purchase Orders commitments to enable proper system Funds Analysis and ensuring compliance with International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Participate in the Cash Based Transfer Working Group and provide recommendations on the implementation of the modality, in line with the Country Strategic Plan.
- Provide guidance and on the job training to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Perform Cash Based Transfer Reconciliations for payments as and when required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary school education, supplemented with a post-secondary Diploma or degree and experience or additional education related to supply chain; logistics, social services, or other related functional area is desirable.
- At least 4 year’s of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of accounting, logistics, transport,supply chain, statistics, operations, or another related field.
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Knowledge in SAP.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Shona and or Ndebele.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.