Deadline: 11 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director of Operations in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Deputy Director of Operations will oversee and guide all financial and administrative operations to ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of services according to plans, standards of performance.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Director of Operations will perform the following functions-
- Strategic leadership in financial, procurement and administrative management operations and services:
- Determine the strategy and develop the implementation plan for financial operations and services.
- Lead establishment of annual work plans for administrative services and finance services in collaboration with the respective teams, set objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely, correct and effective control and services. Monitor implementation and progress.
- Direct the development of procurement strategy and policies and oversee provision of administrative (procurement, assets and facilities management) services in UN Women.
- Keep the Director informed and advised on the strategic and operational aspects of financial operations of regular and non-core resources that will maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness and recommend courses of action to align financial management with evolving business and client needs.
- Guide, monitor and evaluate administrative and financial management operations and services for efficiency/efficacy.
- Take timely decisions to ensure the appropriate, optimum and transparent management and use of resources in accordance with UN Women standards of performance, ethics and accountability frameworks.
- Supervise staff members by providing them with clear objectives and goals as well as direction and guidance to enable them to perform their duties and responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 15 years of extensive experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in financial planning/budgeting, financial management and operations in a large international and/or corporate organization preferably in the UN System and its organizations.
- Proven ability and experience in leading motivating and supervising, technically strong teams.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, with tact and diplomacy.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Proficiency in another UN working language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.