Deadline: 30 May 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant (Logistics) in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant (Logistics) will perform the following functions:
- Prepare all the necessary documentation for local procurement tenders (ITBs, RFQS), communicate with evaluation panel members (CCRC) for finalization to issue Purchase Orders (POs) in compliance with WHO SOPs.
- Monitor and follow up the procurement status of goods and services through GSM, issuance purchase orders, download and share with technical teams.
- Arrange logistics support on facilities maintenance, movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment and reporting on need for replacement/repair or purchase of additional equipment including IT.
- Maintain Fixed Asset register in line with the WHO procedures, update records, and assign barcodes for fixed assets items in main established country office and field offices.
- Facilitate and coordinate in obtaining necessary approval of the shipment for personal effects (arrival and departure) and purchase and disposal of personal vehicles for international professional staff in the country.
- Coordinate and evaluate driving hours and overtime performances of drivers for field trip, preparing duty roster and overtime for both drivers as well as the utilities of the office vehicles.
- Arrange services of qualified vendors for repair and maintenance of office facilities and office vehicles and keep proper updated records including condition of vehicles, monitor consumption of fuel and tyres and ensure maximum safety and security.
- Prepare contracts and keep regular contact with service providers for monitoring of their contracts’ terms at administrative level.
- Serve as a back-up during staff absences.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by WR or AO.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- At least 5 year’s general and administrative work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices.
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc) and standard office equipment.
- Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Myanmar.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.