Deadline: 27 June 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics and Liaison Officer in Beirut, Lebanon.
The Logistics and Liaison Officer will lead in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for staff members and OQ facilities in the country or in the region of assignment.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics and Liaison Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist Project Manager/Senior Secruity Advisor in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country.
- Assist in maintaining updated personnel lists and submit to DSS.
- Assist in reporting online security incidents affecting UN personnel, offices and assets.
- Provides support in conducting security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences of UN staff (RSM), as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security.
- Assist the PM/SSA in monitoring compliance with the Security Risk Management measures and Standard Operating Procedures established for the duty station.
- Provides general administrative assistance to the SSA.
- Maintain a statistical database of all security incidents in the country and analytical charts.
- Maintain a database on contact details in relation to host country security authorities.
- Maintain regular contacts with UNDSS and Security Focal Points of UN agencies.
- Coordinate and support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings, as required; Ensures the compliance with all mandatory security training.
- Acts as a Focal Point for information sharing between DSS and project personnel.
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings, training activities, exchange sessions and other activities required under the project.
- Maintain routine and confidential correspondence files/documents.
- Coordinate and liaise with UN DSS on all security related matters, ensures information and security incident report sharing;
- Support the implementation of security assessment (FSSS) for identified locations as requested.
- Interact with relevant parties involved in the preparation of security engagements, including external and internal meetings & conferences.
- Serve as a representative on the works related to the Security Management Team for Lebanon.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain safety and security standard operating procedures and systems, emergency preparedness and crisis management, as well as conducts security risk assessments.
- Liaise and coordinate with the local government security organizations.
- Identify the needs and facilitate the procurement for necessary security equipment in line with the recommended preventive and mitigation measures based on the security risk management process.
- Identify Emergency Communications equipment needs.
- Conduct security evaluations and providing advice on security measures for the staff and offices in coordination with UNDSS.
- Keep abreast of the security situation across Lebanon, including liaising with UN contacts to gather information on threats and security issues.
- Provide the single Point of Contact on all security related matters for project personnel.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in social or political science, law, public administration, business management or security management is required with three years of experience.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional 2 years relevant experience at the international level with 2 years of experience.
- A Technical/Professional Diploma in combination with an additional 4 years relevant, international and national experience with 7 years of experience.
- Secondary Diploma in combination with an additional 6 years’ relevant, international and national experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Substantial experience in civilian police/military with 11 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Liaison and security management.
- Ability to produce Standing Operating Procedures in accordance with UNDSS methodology is an asset.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS office, is required.
- Full knowledge of English and Arabic languages is essential. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and exposure in cross-border and/or international Liaison and security-related issues is an asset.
- Direct experience with the United Nations Security System is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.