Deadline: 22 August 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant in Kampala, Uganda.
The Logistics Assistant will implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised EDPs, partners, and destinations.
- Create purchase orders, STO’s, OBD’s and raise SES’s in WINGS for logistics services (transportation, warehouse rent, stevedoring, inspection, clearances, etc…).
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Coordinate with the transporters, clearing agents and local suppliers on receiving the food at WFP and CP’s warehouses.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Processing all logistics related invoices, and follow-up with finance on payments status.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in statistics, economics, business administration, transport/freight forwarding/customs clearing and logistics/supply chain management.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Logistics operations, or related area as stipulated above is required.
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.