Deadline: 1 May 2016
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant in Paris, France.
The Logistics Assistant will provide general office support in the organization of statutory meetings as well as support in delivering a range of administrative processes, notably those regarding travel assistance and registration of participants to statutory meetings.
UNESCO strives to build networks among nations that enable this kind of solidarity, by: mobilizing for education: so that every child, boy or girl, has access to quality education as a fundamental human right and as a prerequisite for human development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide travel assistance to participants from States Parties, members of the Secretariat and experts to the statutory meetings liaising with relevant travel agents to ensure that the Organization obtains the best service and price for all travel; liaise and exchange information with Protocol as required, for visa issuance for participants; process travel claims in accordance with UNESCO’s rules and procedures.
- Assist the Lead of Statutory Meetings Support in organizing statutory meetings of the Conventions in liaison with the Bureau for the Management of Support Services (MSS), regarding information and organizational logistics, e.g. reservation of meeting premises at Headquarters.
- Provide elements for the preparation of travel budgets and maintain travel budgetary control records; prepare templates for registration of participants and ensure welcome desk presence; provide inputs to travel-related planning and writing of activity reports.
Applicants must have-
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- Secretarial and administrative training.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in secretarial and administrative tasks at national and international levels, of which at least one year acquired within the UN system.
- At least 1 year of experience in identifying and negotiating travel conditions.
- Proven experience in organizing the logistics of large scale events.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language (English or French).
- Nationality of France.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNESCO.