Deadline: 30 March 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant in Dili, Timor-Leste.
The Logistics Assistant will work under the direct supervision of Head of Logistic and general supervision of Deputy Country Director.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following Government processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations within SAMES SCM.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement where necessary.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience using SAMES systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, and food stock.
- Experience analyzing mSupply data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Nationality of Timor-Leste.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.