Deadline: 13 April 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant in Lattakia, Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Liaise with the Cargo Tracking Assistant to plan, manage and coordinate WFP operation in terms of transport and storage.
- Prepare, in collaboration with the Damascus Logistics team, the transport plan according to cargo prioritization and organizations’ needs. Share transport plan with the team and with the transporters.
- Coordinate, in collaboration with Logistics Cluster, the transport plan for convoy and organizations’ needs. Share transport plans with the team and with the transporters, liaise with transporters and Logistics Cluster Coordinator.
- Act as main focal point with transporters. Prepare LTI (Landside Transport Instruction), follow up on dispatches and deliveries and receive confirmation of receipt from transporter (way bill signed by the receiving organization).
- Liaise with the Cargo Tracking Assistant for the purpose of following up consignments and updating data in the system. Inform the Cargo Tracking Assistant on all steps of the process in order to ensure efficient tracking and in-time LESS (SAP) update.
- Receive and verify invoices from transporters and service providers and ensure all supporting documents are received accordingly.
- Responsible for filling of transport documents according to WFP internal procedures.
- Ensure dispatch reports are up-to-date and dispatch movements are recorded on time. Share dispatch reports with the team on a daily basis.
- Inform the Cargo tracking Assistant of any discrepancy in terms of dispatches.
- Work with the Cargo Tracking Assistant to resolve discrepant data prior to inputting to the system.
- Perform other duties, as required by the supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to WFP activity.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the field of transport, shipping, warehousing, customs, or commodity supply chain.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team; Ability to remain calm under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Accuracy; Discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.