Deadline: 26 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Associate in Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Procurement Associate will perform the following functions:
- Efficient Logistics Support:
- Work in close collaboration with support services staff, administration staff, and other programme staff, as well as with staff of other UN agencies and implemented partners, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
- Support in the monitoring of all UNMAS DRC Programme logistics requirements between Goma HQ and regional offices including coordinating and gathering information of incoming shipment, distribution and transfer of equipment to other locations, in accordance with UNOPS policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to assess and organize logistics section in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of equipment and establishes proper warehousing and recording systems including assets.
- Work in collaboration with programme and operations team to provide logistics support to the Programme.
- Upon request from internal clients, issue equipment and supplies.
- Coordination of Custom Clearance:
- Liaise with Procurement Section and Entebbe Logistics Support Base for the timely reception of International Shipping documents.
- Prepare the reception of international shipments, and liaise with MONUSCO Movcon Section for tax exemptions, customs clearances, and the timely delivery of consignment to the beneficiaries in DRC.
- Follow up customs clearance documents and approvals with MONUSCO Movcon and Freight Forwarders.
- Ensure all consignment is released upon arrival in country.
- Assets Management:
- Assist in the maintenance of the logistical filing system to include all equipment information, maintenance schedules, and logs documentation.
- Ensure that inventories of assets, equipment, and consumables are recorded, monitored and updated.
- Provide support to the assets and expendable verification exercises in HQ Goma, as well as in the regions.
- Provide accurate UNMAS and UNOPS reports within deadlines.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A First level university degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in Logistics, Management, Supply Chain Management or other related field with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Secondary School (high school or equivalent) with a minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in logistics, custom clearance, warehouse management, inventory management, or another related field.
- Fluency in French (write, speak, and read) is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in English (speak, write, and read) is required.
- Nationality of Democratic Republic of the Congo.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.