Deadline: 27 September 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Associate in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate supply chain operational issues related to CBT with CO Logistics CBT focal points to ensure smooth implementation of CBT programmes.
- Assist with macro and micro retail supply chain assessments as required.
- Conduct analysis and mapping to identify gaps in the retail network based on programmatic objectives, and ensure this exercise is updated periodically.
- Establish requirements for retail shop selection aligned to the programmatic objectives and assist procurement with the details to be included in the contractual agreements with retailers.
- Coordinate with procurement to keep track of contracts and contract extensions of the retailers, and oversee regular performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner to ensure continuation of operations.
- Supervise payment process on daily basis in coordination with the Logistics Officer (CBT)
- Supervise the reconciliation of commodities and invoices.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education and post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- At least 5 year’s experience in logistics, supply chain, retail, warehousing, monitoring & evaluation or another related field.
- Fluency (level C) in oral and written communication in Arabic & English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.