Deadline: 25 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Coordinator in Kampala, Uganda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Logistics Coordinator will responsible to coordinate area logistics operations planning and management of logistic activities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Coordinator will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure that Area set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures.
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities.
- Management of the logistics team in respective Area.
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and trainings.
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting and internal control systems and maintenance of records.
- Responsible for regular market surveys.
- Supervise and build capacity of the logistics team in the country and provide refresher training on SOP’s to both logistics and programme staff.
- Provide monthly reports on all logistics activities and ensure logistics KPIs are achieved, reports posted on time on O365 for line Manager review.
- Ensure Vehicle Quality Control measures in place and have framework Agreements where necessary.
- Ensure sound inventory, stock and asset management in place as per NRC’s system for stores and warehouse management are in place.
- Carry out Annual and Bi-Annual Stock Counts per NRC policy and guidelines with all reconciliations done and discrepancies reported, investigated and closed.
- Actively participate in the reconciliation of deliverables.
- Ensure ICT policy and inventory system is in place and adhered and ICT systems are fully functional in the support of program activities.
- Assist the Admin department to ensure that all NRC properties and assets in those offices are managed properly.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator or Logistics in Charge in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Logistics Commerce, Business Administration, or related.
- An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Logistics will be an added advantage.
- CIPS certification is a plus.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Good knowledge of logistics reporting systems.
- Good hands on experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, O365, Aggresso or ERP procurement system.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.